CyberC is the collaborative effort by:
• IEEE Computer Society (Technically Co-Sponsored)
• IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation
• IEEE CS Task Force on Networked Mobile Systems
• Beijing Jiaotong University, China
• University of Louisville, USA
• Embedded Pervasive Computing Lab, HUST, China
CyberC – International Conference on Cyber-enabled distributed computing and knowledge discovery –promotes research and development of the cyber-related technology. It is unique and significant that spans through cyber-enabled data mining and knowledge discovery, distributed and parallel computing, cyber security, cloud computing, pervasive computing, mobile computing, Internet, wireless networks, cognitive systems, cyber information process, information discovery, e-health via cyber network, e-science, web technology, and network performance and tools. The research and development in these areas have received extensive attention in both the academia and industry to provide ubiquitous services for users. Various hardware and software designs, algorithms, protocols, simulations, and test-bed, and implementations are developed for distributed computing in an interconnected and distributed network environment. The purpose of CyberC is to provide a forum for presentation and discussion of innovative ideas, research results, applications and experience from around the world as well as highlight activities in the related areas.
CyberC 2013 (the fifth CyberC) focuses on all aspects of distributed computing and knowledge mining and their scientific, engineering, and commercial applications. Major topics including:
• Data Mining and Information Discovery
• Parallel and Distributed Computing
• Mobile and Internet Computing
• Cloud Computing and Services
• Wireless Networks, QoS, and Applications (Mesh, 4G, Sensor, etc.)
• Performance and Tools in Distributed Computing
CyberC 2013 will include four workshops:
• Big Data 2013: The first workshop on Big Data
• Cognitive Workshop 2013: The third workshop on Cognitive-Inspired Networks, Systems and Applications
• Security Workshop 2013: The second workshop on Security
• Smart Sensor Workshop 2013: The second Workshop on Smart Sensor Networks
CyberC 2012 attracted 380+submissions from 18 countries and regions. The three days of the symposium includes comprehensive topics in the area of cyber-enabled computing. Seven keynotes are delivered in the morning of October 10 and 11 2012:
1. Device Age: How Technology is Impacting Our Lives Today and in Future, Presented by AlokSrivastava, Microsoft Corporation, USA;
2. Cloud-Assisted Mobile Computing and Pervasive Services, Presented by Prof. Min Chenfrom Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China;
3. Big Data: Opportunities and Challenges, Presented by Prof. Adel S. Elmaghraby from University of Louisville, USA;
4. Enabling Cloud Computing from Hype to Reality, Presented by Xuewen (Sean) Gong fromHuawei Technologies, China;
5. Moving Beyond Big Data: Picking the Needles of Insight from the Data Haystack Using Big Analytics, Presented by George Kong from Teradata, USA;
6. Designing Machine Learning Systems that Scale, Presented by Dr. NikolaosVasiloglou from Comrise Technology, USA;
7. Big Data: a Big Breakthrough, a Major Step Backward, or a Déjà Vu, Presented by Dr. Chung-Min Chen from Telcordia Technologies, USA.
In the remaining days, CyberC 2012 had 12 program sessions: Data Analysis and Algorithms; Distributed and Cloud Computing; Encryption, Confidentiality, Assurance, and Security; Authentication, Key, Privacy and Reliability; Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and User Experience; Collaboration, Architecture, and System; Design, Implementation, and System Management; Smart Sensor Networks; Network, Services, and Mobile Computing; Healthcare and Application; Wireless Network and Communications; Algorithms and Efficiency.
All accepted and presented CyberC 2013 papers, including the all workshops' papers, will be published by IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and are included in the IEEE Xplore database. They will be further arranged for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex), DBLP and Thomson ISI.